Tuesday, February 10, 2009

HAMBURGER VEGETABLE SOUP

Kathy Baldwin, Vic Baldwin, Recipe #9

1 diced onion
3 diced potatoes
3 diced carrots
3 diced stalks celery
½ diced green pepper
1 can tomato soup
2 tsp. chili powder
½ small head cabbage, sliced
1 1-lb. can tomatoes, chopped
1 lb hamburger

Brown meat and add salt, pepper, garlic to taste.
Add rest of ingredients and enough water to cover.
Simmer 2 hours.

I usually double this recipe. Makes about 1 ½ gallons. I usually add homemade salsa along with the tomato soup. During summer, when tomatoes are plentiful, I add fresh tomatoes. I rinse out all the catsup bottles, any tomato based things like barbeque sauce. I leave out the chili powder because the salsa is the spicing. I don't add any other spices.

(recipe Kathy Baldwin got from Maxine Sommer)

No comments:

Post a Comment