Sunday, March 8, 2009

FLOUR MUSH


Kathy Baldwin, Vic Baldwin, Recipe #12

1 cup milk
1 cup flour
Butter, cinnamon and sugar to taste

Scald milk and add flour gradually, stirring constantly, until thick (like muffin batter)

Put on your plate, make a hole in the middle for the butter, sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.

You take a bite from the outer edge, dip it in the butter and eat. You continue to eat around, not letting the butter escape until the last minute.

My kids loved it.
– handed down from mom and dad, who got it from their parents. Mom called it Flour Mush, dad called it Lumpy Dick

I looked it up online, most have heard of it, but not tried it. Here is one of the websites I looked at: http://www.thenewhomemaker.com/beautifulporridge+

1 comment:

  1. Not all her kids love it. I ate it, but I'd rather oatmeal to flour mush.

    ReplyDelete